Beaded Christmas Decorations, Beaded Christmas Ornaments, DIY Ornament Hangers, Mod Podge Collage Clay, Mod Podge Collage Clay Ornaments, Mod Podge Ornaments, Smoothfoam, Smoothfoam Holiday Ball Blog Hop, Smoothfoam Ornaments, Suzann Sladcik Wilson, Swarovski Crystal, Swarovski Crystals, Swarovski Mosaic Ornament, Swarovski Ornament
By Suzann Sladcik Wilson
Welcome to the Smoothfoam Holiday Ball Blog Hop! Today’s project is a stunning ornament that you will want to leave out all year long. The Swarovski Crystal Mosaic ornament is sure to bring lots of sparkle to your tree.
The Smoothfoam 2 inch ball was used as the base of the project. Having something light weight to counteract the weight of the crystals was very helpful. I covered the ball using Mod Podge’s Collage Clay for the medium to hold the crystals. This project took me about a hour, so not too bad time wise. You could also make this from left over beads in your stash.
Here is how to make it.
- Smoothfoam 2 inch ball
- Mod Podge Collage Clay
- 1.5 inch eye pin
- Various Swarovski Crystals
1. Insert eye pin into the top of the Smoothfoam ball. Leave 1/4 inch of the top of the eye pin exposed. Tip: You might want to add some glue to your eye pin to make sure it stays in place.
2. Using the Wavy tip, apply a section of Mod Podge Collage Clay to your Smoothfoam ball. Tip: Use a small glass or candle holder to hold your ball while your are applying the Mod Podge Collage Clay and crystals.
3. Apply crystals to your Mod Podge Collage Clay.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 until the whole Smoothfoam ball is covered.
5. Allow ornament to dry for 24 hours.
6. Put some string through your eye pin and tie it to form a loop.
7. Hang your ornament on the tree and enjoy!
Don’t forget to hop through and see all the other wonderful creations made with Smoothfoam balls! You can click here to see them!