by Suzann Sladcik Wilson
Welcome back to the Beadphoria Blog! This month for the Designer Crafts Connection, the focus on quick and easy jewelry projects. The projects from all the talented designers are sure to inspire you to create a piece of jewelry that will be worn with pride long after Mother’s Day is over.
One of the hottest trends in fashion and jewelry today is the monogram. Beadphoria’s project is so simple and easy that even if you have never stepped in the beading aisle, you can make a one of a kind monogram pendent for the special woman in your life. Jacquard products Lumiere 3D paint will ensure that your design will stand out from the crowd.
1 bottle Lumiere 3-D Paint in Pink by Jacquard Products
1 bottle Pearl Ex Varnish by Jacquard Products
1 Tip for Lumiere 3-D paint in .5mm size by Jacquard Products
1 Jump Ring
1 piece Scrapbook paper
1 Button Tag from Favorite Findings by Blumenthal Lansing
3mm Swarovski Flat Back Crystals in Birthstone Colors
Paintbrush for varnish
1. Place button tag on scrapbook paper and trace with pencil. Use scissors to cut tag shape from paper.
2. Use Pearl Ex Varnish as an adhesive to bond the paper on top of the button tag. Trim off any paper edges that are hanging over the sides. Apply a coat of the Pearl Ex Varnish on top of the paper to seal it. Project Tip: Use a pin to open the paper that is covering the hole on your tag.
3. Once the Pearl Ex Varnish has dried, use a pencil to sketch out the placement of your monogram.
4. Place the .5mm tip onto the top of the Lumiere Paint 3-d. Trace over your pencil sketch with the paint to create your monogram. Project Tip: Practice your lettering on a scrap piece of paper before you apply it to your pendent.
5. Choose 3mm Swarovski Flat Back Crystals in the birth color of any children the person may have. For our project, we used one aquamarine colored crystal for an only child born in March. Use a small amount of Lumiere 3-D to attach the crystal to the pendent. Project Tip: The .5mm tip makes it extremely easy to get the paint onto the small surfaces, like the backs of our crystals.
6. Place a jump ring through the hole in the tag to enable your pendent to hang. Your pendent is now complete!
7. Slip the pendent onto a piece of ribbon to complete a quick necklace. Project Tip: The bonus to using a ribbon for your necklace is no clasp needs to be attached and the length can be adjusted by the person wearing your creation.
Now that you know to make our project, make sure you check out all the other fantastic projects by clicking forward or back under the Designer Crafts Connection logo on the left side bar. Have fun!
If you have any questions about beading, or our Quick and Easy Mother’s Day Monogram Pendent, please feel free to contact me at 224-305-3321 or Suzann@Beadphoria.com. Always happy to share the joy of beading with you, Suzann Sladcik Wilson of Beadphoria.com and BeadphoriaBoutique.com.
“Like” Beadphoria on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!