bead, beading, Christmas Jewelry, Christmas Necklaces, Handmade Christmas Jewelry, Handmade Holiday Jewelry, handmade jewelry, Handmade Pendent, Lightweight Jewelry, make your own jewelry, mixed media jewelry, Necklace Designs, Ornament Jewelry, Ornament Pendents, Suzann Sladcik Wilson
By Suzann Sladcik Wilson
Welcome back, creative friends! Today we are bringing you a necklace that is easy to make, but hard to keep your eyes off of. The best part of the whole piece? No one will ever guess that is almost totally made from materials from the holiday decorating aisle.
The small “beads” are made from a garland meant for a mini tree and the larger white “beads” are created from decorative holiday filler. A small glass ornament with a removable top becomes the perfect centerpiece for this festive stunner. Because the “beads” are made out of foam, the necklace is light enough for anyone to wear.
Here’s how to make your own!
- Snowflake Mini Punch
- Bead Reamer
- Crimping Pliers
- Wire Cutters
- Round Nose Pliers
- Chain Nose Pliers
- Garland for mini tree
- Holiday Decorative Filler
- 1.25″ Iridescent Round Ornament
- Shimmering Paper in Silver, Gold, and White (One Sheet Each)
- Toggle Clasp – large round
- 22″ of Beading Wire
- 2 – 2mm x 2mm Crimp Tubes
- Silver Colored Jump Ring
- Using snowflake paper punch, cut approximately 40 snowflakes from each of the three pieces of paper.
- Remove the silver cap from the ornament. Insert the snowflakes into the glass part of the ornament. HINT: A pair of tweezers may make it easier to put in the snowflakes into the ornament. Replace top when all snowflakes have been placed.
- Next, swing open your jump ring using the round nose and chain nose pliers. Feed the jump ring through the ring on the top of the ornament. Swing the jump ring closed using the same pliers. Your ornament pendent is now complete!
- For the smaller gold and silver “beads”, snip the wire of the mini tree garland. Remove the spheres from the wire for use in your necklace.
- To make the larger white “beads”, pierce 10 of the the decorative filler rounds using your bead reamer to create a hole to be able to string them onto your necklace.
- String one silver, one gold, one silver, one white, one gold, one silver, one gold, and one white. Repeat pattern one more time.
- String one silver, one gold, one silver, one white, one gold, one silver and one gold.
- Place your ornament pendent onto your wire.
- Repeat steps 6 & 7 in reverse order to finish the other half of the necklace.
- Attach your clasp using the crimp tubes and crimping pliers. Cut any excess wire.
- Wear your necklace to your next holiday event to really shine!
Project Note: You may want to seal your “beads” to make sure the glitter stays on your necklace instead of the glitter “decorating” your holiday outfit. 😉
Thanks for stopping by today! Make sure to check out all of the other handmade holiday ideas by clicking on the Designer Crafts Connection blog hop button on the left. Wishing you a creative holiday season filled with joy and peace!