"A Charming Easter" by Suzann Sladcik Wilson for Designer Crafts Connection.
One of the most beloved holidays on the calendar is Easter. There are many reasons to enjoy. Bright colors of spring give take over from the dreariness of winter. Flowers are starting to break through the once frozen ground. The longer hours of sunshine warm both body and soul. It really is a time of New Beginnings in many ways.
Here at Beadphoria, we wanted to share with you our “A Charming Easter” bracelet. It is part of another new beginning of us. We are honored to have been chosen to be included in the Designer Crafts Blog Connection. Today, you can click on the widget on the right hand side of this post and hop to other blogs of talented professional designers.
Each month the Designer Crafts Blog Connection will feature a different theme. This month is “Spring/Easter”. Here are the instructions on how to make the “A Charming Easter” bracelet.
“A Charming Easter” Bracelet Project
Round Nose Pliers
Chain Nose Pliers
Beads and Findings for "A Charming Easter" Bracelet
2 – 4mm Swarovski Crystal Bicones in Jonquil.
4 each – 4mm Swarovski Crystal Bicones in Peridot, Rose, Light Sapphire and Light Amethyst
1 – 7 inch length of Chain
9 – 2 inch silver headpins
1 – Jill MacKay Bird Lobster Clasp
1 – Silver Jump Ring
1- Pastel Egg Lampwork bead
2 each – Bunny Face, Chick-in-Egg, Cotton Candy Bunny, and Yellow Decorated Egg Lampwork Easter beads.
1. On each headpin, place one 4mm Bicone Swarovski Crystal, one Easter lampwork bead, and one 4mm Bicone Swarovski Crystal that matches the first one placed on the headpin.
2. Bend the headpin at a 90 degree angle. Cut headpin to 10 mm long. Use Round Nose Pliers to make a simple loop. This will create a “charm”.
9 finished charms for "A Charming Easter" bracelet.
3. Continue steps 1 and 2 until you have made all 9 “charms”.
4. Lay out chain. Find center link. Take Pastel Egg charm and swing loop open using chain nose pliers. Hook loop through the bottom of the center link. Close loop with chain nose pliers so that it is now attached to the link.
5. Count 4 links on either side of the center Pastel Egg charm. On the 4th link on each side, attach one Bunny Face charm in the same way the Pastel Egg charm was attached.
6. Continue the pattern for the remaining charms.
7. Once all charms are hooked onto the chain, attach a jump ring to the last link on one end of the chain. On the other end, swing open the last link of the chain and attach Jill MacKay Bird Lobster Claw clasp. Swing the link back closed.
8. Your bracelet in now ready to bring a warm smile to the face of everyone who sees it!
We hope you enjoyed our project and would love to hear what you think of “A Charming Easter” bracelet in the comments below.
Now, go hop forward and be inspired by what the other crafty designers are making for Spring!
If you have any questions about beading, or the “A Charming Easter” project, please feel free to contact me at 224-305-3321 or Suzann@Beadphoria.com. Always happy to share the joy of beading with you, Suzann Sladcik Wilson of Beadphoria.com and BeadphoriaBoutique.com.
“Like” Beadphoria,Inc on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!