by Suzann Sladcik Wilson
Welcome, Beadphoria friends! This month’s Designer Crafts Connection blog hop theme is Celebrations. Add a pop of patriotism to any outfit by creating this Charming Fireworks for the 4th bracelet. It is sure to help you celebrate Independence Day in style!
- 6 Star beads in blue and white
- 7 Cylinder beads in red, white, and blue
- 6 6mm Swarovski Crystals in Light Siam
- 7 6mm Swarovski Crystals in Fire Opal
- 6 3mm silver ball shaped spacers
- 7 4mm silver disc shaped spacers
- 15 jump rings
- 13 Headpins
- 7 inches of chain
- Toggle Clasp
- Round Nose Pliers
- Chain Nose Pliers
- Flush Cutters
1. To create your firework charm, on one headpin place one disc bead, one cylinder bead, and one fire opal Swarovski crystal. Complete your charm by making a wrapped loop at the top. Repeat 6 more times.
2. Next, create the star charm, place one ball spacer, one star bead, and one light siam Swarovski crystal onto a headpin. Finish you charm by making a wrapped loop at the top. Repeat 5 more times.
3. Using your chain nose and round nose pliers, swing open a jump ring. Insert jump ring into top loop of one of the charms. Leave jump ring open. Repeat 12 more times.
4. On the third link from the end of your chain, hook the jump ring part of one of the firecracker charms around the bottom part of the link. Enclose the jump ring around the link using your chain nose and round nose pliers.
5. Skip a link. Then using the same method as in step 4, attach a star charm. Repeat the pattern of firework and star charms until all 13 charms are attached.
6. Attach one half of the clasp to either end of your chain using the final two jump rings.
7. Enjoy your bracelet!