By Suzann Sladcik Wilson
Tis the time of year to be thankful and to celebrate! Often when we are asked to gatherings , it is customary for people to bring a bottle of wine for the host. Next time, along with your bottle of wine, bring these easy to make wine charms for the host. These charms are a great gift that can be used long after the bottle of wine is gone!
- 6 Earring Hoops
- 6 3 mm jump rings
- 6 Charms with the words “love, laughter, live, believe, dream, hope”
- 48 – 2mm silver sphere beads
- 6mm bicone Swarovski Crystals in the following amounts and colors:
2 – Indian Pink
2 – Indian Sapphire
2 – Garnet
2 – Fireopal
2 – Greige
2 – Topaz
2 – Peridot
4 – Mocha
6 – Smoked Topaz
6 – Light Smoked Topaz
6 – Olivine
- Chain Nose Pliers
- Round Nose Pliers
How to Make:
- Using your round nose and chain nose pliers, swing open jump rings. Place one jump ring through the top of each of the word charms. Swing jump rings back closed.
- Onto earring hoop, insert one silver sphere, one Swarovski crystal, one silver sphere, one Swarovski crystal in another color, one silver sphere, one Swarovski crystal in a third color, and one silver sphere.
- Place one charm onto the earring hoop next to the silver sphere.
- Repeat step 2 in reverse order.
- When finished placing all your beads onto the hoop, use your chain nose pliers to bend about a 1/4 of an inch of the straight end of the hoop to a 90 degree angle.
- Insert the 90 straight end into the loop end of the earring charm to close.
- Repeat 5 more times to finish all charms.
- Enjoy the smile on your host’s face when they see the beautiful (and thoughtful!) gift you have made!
What I am especially thankful this season, and all year long, is all the wonderful readers that stop by the Beadphoria Blog! Click on the Designer Crafts Connection box on the left hand side for more inspirational ideas for Thank You gifts for the people that mean so much in your life.